An important International Conference organised by the MinWaterCSP sister project will be taken place in Marrakech, Morocco from 24th to 25th April 2018. The topic of this event will be Reduction of water consumption in Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) plants with a special focus on new approaches in mirror cleaning, cooling system solutions and overall plant performance simulations. The aim of the conference is to present and discuss new technological solutions to minimize water consumption in CSP plants as well as to create networking opportunities. The event is targeted at stakeholders from Power utilities, Power plant operators, Technology suppliers, Research institutes and Academia that are working in the fields of concentrated solar power. Further stakeholders for mirror cleaning, cooling processes or similar, any users of those technologies, policy makers and investors interested in the topics are will participate to the event. Places are still available. More Information and Registration Forms are available on the links below:
The pose estimation of elements in large scale developed in MOSAIC has been successfully presented in the 3DMC Conference held from 9 to 11 October 2017 in Aachen. The development of the measuring system to implement the tracking close loop control for the MOSAIC system is key system for the MOSAIC approach and it has attracted the attention of the attendants of the conference.
The 11th International Concentrated Solar Thermal Power Summit will be held on 21-22 November in Seville, Spain. It is an excellent opportunity to understand the future technologies and business trends in the CSP industry.
Key Points for the 2017 program:
- New models for project profitability: Monetise new revenue streams, with or without government policy and subsidy, to boost your share in the now booming CSP market
- Project Development: Hear about global developments in the U.A.E., Morocco, South Africa, China and more, and see how – and why – the planning between developer, off taker and EPC when building CSP plants has led to both successes and failures
- Take control of technology: Explore the latest breakthroughs in plant design, configuration, control systems, hydraulics, driving mechanisms and where real cost reduction has been achieved
- Ramp up to your guaranteed efficiency: Discuss ways to move from construction through the ramp up period to ensure you reach your required performance levels
- Optimize performance: Work out how to recruit, train and retain the perfect team and use predictive strategies, better systems and components to improve performance and reduce failures
More information are available here.
The EU Sustainable Energy Week 2017 (EUSEW 2017) is an initiative of the European Commission that will take place 19 – 25 June 2017. During the EU’s Sustainable Energy Week, public authorities, energy agencies, research organisations, NGOs, businesses, and private consumers will have the chance to exchange ideas about providing secure, clean and efficient energy. Events organised as part of the week will include the annual Policy Conference on sustainable energy as well as networking opportunities and an awards ceremony for energy-saving initiatives.
CSPPLAZA will hold China International CSP Plant Conference & CSPPLAZA Annual Conference (CPC2017) in Hangzhou from June 14 to 16. This is the largest annual event of solar thermal power industry of China. The conference will last for three days. On June 15 and 16, there will be eight sub-forums which are now open the application channel for keynote address, the plenary meeting held on June 14 does not accept public speaking applications.
More information about the event are available here.