The pose estimation of elements in large scale developed in MOSAIC has been successfully presented in the 3DMC Conference held from 9 to 11 October in Aachen. The development of the measuring system to implement the tracking close loop control for the MOSAIC system is key system for the MOSAIC approach and it has attracted the attention of the attendants of the conference.
The 11th International Concentrated Solar Thermal Power Summit will be held on 21-22 November in Seville, Spain. It is an excellent opportunity to understand the future technologies and business trends in the CSP industry.
Key Points for the 2017 program:
- New models for project profitability: Monetise new revenue streams, with or without government policy and subsidy, to boost your share in the now booming CSP market
- Project Development: Hear about global developments in the U.A.E., Morocco, South Africa, China and more, and see how – and why – the planning between developer, off taker and EPC when building CSP plants has led to both successes and failures
- Take control of technology: Explore the latest breakthroughs in plant design, configuration, control systems, hydraulics, driving mechanisms and where real cost reduction has been achieved
- Ramp up to your guaranteed efficiency: Discuss ways to move from construction through the ramp up period to ensure you reach your required performance levels
- Optimize performance: Work out how to recruit, train and retain the perfect team and use predictive strategies, better systems and components to improve performance and reduce failures
More information are available here.
Four H2020 projects (CAPTure, MinWaterCSP, MOSAIC and WASCOP) in the CSP field have published a first joint newsletter in June 2017 and plan to continue with a further edition at the end of 2017. The newsletter presents news about the project results, dissemination events and information about CSP policy and innovation. The link of the first joint newsletter is available here. To subscribe to the joint newsletter, please fill in this form: http://eepurl.com/cOtWvj
A Joint LinkedIn groups has been created to communicate the ongoing activities and disseminate the results of the Concentrated Solar Power projects CAPTure, MinWaterCSP, MOSAIC and WASCOP, funded by Innovation and Networks Executive Agency (INEA) under the H2020 funding programme. Join the Group through this link: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13519618
MOSAIC was presented by Marcelino Sánchez (CENER) in the launching meeting of the working group for Concentrating Technologies of the Spanish Technological Platform (SOLARCONCENTRA) on 27th of April 2017 in Madrid (Spain). The innovative approach of the fixed hemispheric semi-Fresnel solar field and a high temperature mobile receiver has attracted the attention of audience. Other CSP H2020 projects have been also presented in the event such as STAGE-STE, CAPTure, PreFlexMS, and WASCOP.
MOSAIC M6 meeting has been held on 10th and 11th May at the Politecnico of Turin. Partners has summed up the progress within the first six months of the project and planned next steps to follow the project’s timing. Furthermore, consortium has visited the wonderful rooms of the historical resident of former Italian Vittorio Emanuele II. Thanks to Politecnico for the excellent hospitality!
The EU Sustainable Energy Week 2017 (EUSEW 2017) is an initiative of the European Commission that will take place 19 – 25 June 2017. During the EU’s Sustainable Energy Week, public authorities, energy agencies, research organisations, NGOs, businesses, and private consumers will have the chance to exchange ideas about providing secure, clean and efficient energy. Events organised as part of the week will include the annual Policy Conference on sustainable energy as well as networking opportunities and an awards ceremony for energy-saving initiatives.
CSPPLAZA will hold China International CSP Plant Conference & CSPPLAZA Annual Conference (CPC2017) in Hangzhou from June 14 to 16. This is the largest annual event of solar thermal power industry of China. The conference will last for three days. On June 15 and 16, there will be eight sub-forums which are now open the application channel for keynote address, the plenary meeting held on June 14 does not accept public speaking applications.
More information about the event are available here.